Red Beans & Sausage Jambalaya
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup smoked sausage , diced (about 5 ounces)
- 1/2 cup onions , chopped
- 1/2 cup celery , sliced
- 1 teaspoon garlic , crushed
- 14 1/2 ounces canned tomatoes , undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can red beans , drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2-2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground paprika
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
Coat a large skillet or dutch oven with cooking spray.
Over medium heat, add the sausage, onions, celery, and garlic. Cook, stirring frequently, for about four minutes or until the vegetables start to soften.
Add the undrained tomatoes, red beans, and seasonings to the pan. Cook covered, stirring occasionally for about five minutes.
Stir in the rice and cook and stir for another minute or two until the rice is heated through.