- Cooking oil
- 1/2 lb kielbasa
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped bell peppers
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole tomatoes , drained,reserving liquid
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock , college inn
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup converted rice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 lbs peeled shrimp
- 1/2 lb boneless cooked chicken , cubed
In a large pot, Dutch Oven, saute Kelbassa until lightly browned.
Remove from pot.
Saute onions, bell peppers, celery, green onions and garlic in meat drippings until tender.
Add tomatoes, thyme, pepper and salt.
Cook 5 minutes.
Stir in rice.
Mix together liquid from tomatoes, stock and Worcestershire sauce to equal 2 1/2 cups.
Bring to a boil, reduce to simmer, add raw shrimp, chicken and kelbassa and cook uncovered stirring occasionally for about 30 minutes until rice and shrimp are done.