0.5 lbs shipping weight.
A quickie version of hearty, peppery goulash prepared with ground beef, this new Homemade in Minutes soup makes a rustic meal in about 45 minutes. Welcome your friends and family to the table with wholesome, satisfying soup- the perfect meal!
Cook Time: about 45 minutes
Beef Goulash Mix Ingredients:
Green lentils, potato, red and green bell pepper, carrot, onion, leek, paprika, carroway seed, marjoram and thyme. No added salt, preservatives or MSG.
Allergen Information: Gluten-Free
1 pound ground round
1 tablespoon oil
4 cups beef broth
1 10-ounce can tomatoes with green chilies
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
Optional: a dollop of sour cream on each serving
Beef Goulash Recipe Directions:
1. In a 4 quart pot heat oil over medium high heat.
2. Crumble and brown ground beef.
3. Add soup mix and stir for 1 minute.
4. Add broth, bring to a simmer and cover for 35 minutes.
5. Stir in tomatoes and Worcestershire, cover and continue to simmer for 15 minutes.
6. Serve in bowls with sour cream on top.
NOTE: Soup freezes well if prepared ahead..
Beef Goulash Inventive Recipe Variations:
Serve on top of cooked wide egg noodles for a classic eastern European dish.
For a soupier version that will serve more people, add 1 bottle beer and serve with crusty whole grain bread.
Click here for Nutrition Facts.